Recent studies have shown that the number of women in leadership roles is far less than that of their male counterpart. It also has shown that women in leadership roles often rank lower than men in one area in particular – envisioning.
Envisioning is regarded as: ‘the ability to see new opportunities and chart new strategies for their business that reflect these changes’. Leadership for Women in Logistics is a programme certified by CILT that studies business development and envisioning. The programme encourages leading edge thinking; establishing vision, mission and purpose, how to effectively negotiate, and works on developing time management skills. The learning style of the programme is a combination of intellectual pursuits and personal development and enhancement.
‘Theoretical concepts are grasped and understood resulting in full awareness of personal abilities and an ability to integrate the theoretical into the workplace.’
The programme outline focuses on five major skills developments and their primary outcome:
1. Leadership Communication – demonstrating leadership qualities through effective communications.
2. Business Knowledge – examining effective business models, analytics, and responding to potential challenges faced on a day-to-day basis.
3. Wil-Power – empowering the individual and reinforce self-confidence.
4. Competency & Improvement – analysing problems and suggestive measures to improve cost saving.
5. Financial Impact – prepares participants to effectively analyse and recommend financial proposals with a positive impact.
The course will be run in Cork, Dublin, and Dundalk from September through to December in some cases. A full programme schedule is available on the website with a complete list of venues, times and dates.
Courses like Leadership for Women in Logistics are essential in fueling supply chain innovation, closing the talent gap, and universally improving performance within business. After all, ‘there’s more to the industry than just moving and lifting!’