On completion participants will be able to:
- Understand their responsibilities.
- Have the practical ability to manage health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Be able to implement risk assessment and control strategies.
- Have an understanding of health, safety and environmental management systems and their business benefits.
- Have a basic understanding of common hazards including; fire, electricity, working at height, stress, noise, vibration, chemicals and workplace transport.
- English is the language in which training is delivered and participants must have a good command of the English language. If participants wish to bring an interpreter they may do so but prior notice must be given to The CILT.
Delivery of course:
Candidates receive a workbook that includes sections for notes and Q&A sessions.
This is a classroom course based around presentations and discussions. Team exercises, board games, quizzes and DVDs are also used to deliver the course.