BASE LOCATION: Naas, Co. Kildare.
REPORTING TO: Manager Director, DSV Solutions
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Sales Development (32 counties)
DSV is a global supplier of transport and logistics services.
Operating across 3-divisions, Road, Air & Sea and Solutions, DSV provide quality, innovative and value added services. We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to help us develop our contract logistics Solutions Division. DSV Solutions Ireland has a strategic goal to double its revenue over the next 5-years and being part of the DSV Global Organisation will assist this objective.
Our ideal candidate is already a successful logistics and supply chain professional with proven experience in developing new business across a wide range of market sectors. DSV Solutions use a range of proven technologies and being part of the wider One-DSV team will assist you in achieving your objectives.
Main Purpose of the Job:
· Win profitable new business with annual revenues generated across the services c.200K to 2M euros
· Strengthen the Companies market position and brand
· Identify and build a strong pipeline within target sectors
· Lead the process to ensure the Implementation and Operations Team are integrated into the process
· Close the deal ensuring Agreements and compliance standards are in line with the Company policy
· Build, maintain and report via the CRM the pipeline and sales information
· Research and match opportunities to current core competencies
· Use and improve the extensive current Sales Library marketing and case study material
· Network and build internal relationships with our Global and Key Account Directors
· Build close local relationships across all DSV Divisions
· Screen opportunities and match against critical evaluation criteria before committing bid resources
· Ensure costings are diligently prepared in relation to the opportunity RFQ’s
· Ensure the internal process of bid sign-off is adhered with to ensure the best possible outcomes are achieved for new business
· In conjunction with the Operational Management Teams, functional experts and Central Support Teams create the best possible client solutions and presentation format/s to progress the opportunity to a Win
· Research market trends, new ideas and technology both internal and externally to improve the overall objectives of increasing revenue and value
· Be prepared to travel, attend relevant conferences and develop a high quality network group
· Use your own initiative to succeed and excel within the role
· Maintain a professional appearance and appropriate behaviour at all times
· 10-year industry experience
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications
· Degree educated - equivalent
· Full driving licence
Interested candidates should apply in writing with an up to date C.V. to;
Fiona McDonnell – Fiona.Mcdonnell@ie.dsv.com
Human Resources by 12.00noon Wednesday 4th October 2017.
DSV is an equal opportunities employer.